JOB SUMMARY: Works closely with Customer Service Returns/Repairs Specialist in activities related to boutique and consumer leather repairs for handbags, luggage, shoes, small leather accessories, ready to wear, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Determine Repairs Needed:
• Reads the repair form for all repairs.
• Inspects all items to be repaired to make sure they are the same as what is on the repair form.
• Selects materials and cuts parts as needed for the repair(s).
• Removes worn or damaged parts using hand tools as appropriate.
• Repairs corners, flaps, zippers or straps as indicated on repair form.
• Drills or punches holes and inserts metal hardware, handles, etc.
• Repairs items by using sewing machine, needle and thread, glue, rivets, etc.
2. Determine Daily Tasks and Goals Independently:
• Re-packs repairs as they are completed.
• Repairs should be given back to Customer Service Returns/Repairs Specialist at the end of each day.
• Loads and unloads trucks as necessary with repairs.
• Cleans and repairs machines as necessary.
3. Other Miscellaneous Tasks:
• Meets daily and weekly quotas and deadlines.
• Keeps work area and parts that are needed for repairs neat, organized and clean.
• Keeps Customer Service Return/Repair Specialist informed of status of repairs on a daily or weekly basis (determined by Customer Service Manager).
• This job requires a minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED), and have at least 2 years working in a related field. Five, plus years is preferred.
• Working knowledge of certain repair machinery such as a Hot Spot Sewing Machine, or similar equipment.
• Understands leather repair and can determine options for correcting problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, count and write English in order to accurately follow through with and complete all necessary repair documentation.
• Understands the speech of another person and expresses ideas clearly when speaking.
• Speaks clearly and communicates effectively with all associates, especially so listeners can understand.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Key Characteristics include an organized, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions (at times).
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
• Walk from place to place within the Repair Center and warehouse areas.
• Use hands and fingers to grasp, move or assemble objects.
• See differences between colors, shades and brightness.
• Use muscles to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects (up to 75 pounds at times).
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• May work weekends at times and longer hours during the holidays.
• Required to work overtime if needed (only with permission from Customer Service Manager).
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
If interested, please send resume to be considered!