Research & Development Assistant Manager-Los Angeles, CA
Looking for as Assistant Research & Development Manager specializing in the regulatory data management and testing of new skincare products. The candidate will interface closely with the Research and Development Manager and Product Development to create innovative, high quality products, expanding the brand presence and awareness while sustaining company growth on a global scale.
• Responsible for bulk and package stability, package functionality testing, PET, HRIPT, safety testing and miscellaneous product testing (adenosine, water activity, etc)
• Work with R&D Manager to coordinate OTC testing, including stability testing, method validation, SPF and critical wavelength testing
• Coordinate projects with regulatory consultants, including creation of product ILs, global regulatory reviews and international product registrations
• Coordinate, prepare and submit necessary forms for product registration/notification with relevant authorities in international markets: Canada, EU, etc
• Work with manufacturers, ingredient suppliers and consultants to acquire all necessary documentation
• Participate in the review and approval of consumer facing communication (promotional materials, digital advertising, packaging, etc) for compliance
• Prepare all documents for FDA registration of all OTC products and devices
• Maintain databases for all batch results, formulations, fragrances and reports
• Organize and maintain all electronic and hard copy R&D files Skills
Experience and Education Required
• B.A. / B.S. degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the personal care industry with a strong understanding of Regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge and use of GxP requirements and practices
• Well organized, self-motivated and an ability to work independently and cooperatively in team settings.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.