Researcher - Bilingual
Our client, a well-known sports media company is seeking a researcher for their team. The right candidate is passionate about sports, and is bilingual (spoken, written) in Spanish.
• Researches original content for use in studio shows.
• Provides real-time updates and trend notes for anchors in studio and for score panels.
• Utilizes broad sports knowledge to ensure that all content is factually and statistically accurate.
• Work in individual settings, small groups and large groups while delivering accurate statistics and data in a real-time basis across the newsroom.
• Develops original graphics that provide statistical or factual analysis of events, news stories and topical issues.
• Awareness of available and relevant Next Level sources to enhance brand’s coverage.
• Familiar with the most viral sports and pop culture-related content on the web from day to day. This means being especially active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and the blogosphere.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) Fluency in reading, speaking and writing Spanish and English preferred
• Strong word skills and proper use of grammar are required.
• The ability to quickly and accurately translate content from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
• Possess significant, broad-based sports knowledge of a variety of sports especially NFL, NBA, MLB, and international soccer.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to make editorial decisions that serve the fan.
• Must have knowledge of how advanced metrics affect the way fans assess performance across several sports.
• Must be passionate about sports and statistics; candidates need to have a working knowledge of players, teams and the rules of the games.
• Must be able to provide full availability for this position, which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) Fluency in reading, speaking and writing Spanish and English. STRONG sports knowledge of a variety of sports especially NFL, NBA, MLB, and international soccer.