Leading Orange County Apparel & Accessories brand is currently looking for a Retail Planner to join their team!
The Retail Planner is responsible for developing, executing and communicating strategic merchandise plans that support the financial objectives of the Retail Division including USA, Mexico and Canada markets including ecommerce. The Planner works collaboratively with the merchant team to drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory levels and profitability.
- Develops seasonal merchandise plans utilizing sales trends and market information to ensure appropriate inventory levels.
- Develops assortment plans to represent the breadth of our product offerings.
- Develops key item unit plans.
- Effectively manages the Open-To-Buy.
- Business Analysis (i.e. sales, style, department, inventory).
- Develops and maintains merchandise reports.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5+
- Educational/Position Requirements:
- Three to five plus years related retail planning experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read, analyze and interpret general retail reports
- Follows through with all assignments and job duties in a timely manner
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word
- Experience with major retail planning software such as Arthur Planning or Island Pacific preferred
- Detail oriented with regard to numerical information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25 lbs, depending on need
- Must be able to sit most of the day
- Some travel required as necessary
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary