Creative Services Jobs
About the Company:
Our client is a leading product design, licensing and brand growth company that expands the reach of brands in the market on a global scale. With over 20 years of expertise in retail licensing, product development, and product design, our client augments brand potential by offering unprecedented growth for powerhouse brands.
• Are passionate about Brands and the development of their platforms reach
• Love to work collaboratively in a group and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
• Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
• Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
• Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
As the Royalties Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting with the administration and processing of royalty statements, including creating statement headers, loading electronic files, and mapping titles to works in our publishing database. This position reports into the Bookkeeper/Payroll Manager.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Review royalty contracts and determine appropriate revenue recognition methodology
• Analyze and summarize monthly and quarterly royalty revenues based on contract terms, the relevant revenue recognition method and the current status of license
• Perform review and analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of royalty revenues
• Analyze and reconcile quarterly reports received from licensees to determine any additional revenues to be billed
• Monitor and analyze accounts related to royalties such as deferred revenue and unbilled royalties
• Maintain adequate accounting records and analyses that supports the licensing teams
• Prepare an analysis of actual royalty revenues to budget, investigate variances and analyze trends
• Process and distribute advances/guarantee and marketing fund invoices to licensees on a monthly/quarterly basis
• Prepare monthly and quarterly royalty revenue reports
• Prepare other external reports, as necessary
• Monitor licensee reporting and compliance to determine any operational issues or any potential breach of contract and coordinate with Royalty Zone team on resolution.
• Maintain communication with brand managers, legal department and licensees with respect to licensee operations and reporting
• Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; apply financial principles and practices; and developing recommendations to improve policies and procedures
Experience and Required Qualifications:
• Graduate of an accounting degree or equivalent
• Experience with royalty/license revenue accounting preferred- Bookkeeping experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Proficiency in Brand Comply is a plus
• Ability to learn new software and identify and assist in the implementation of process improvements in the accounting processes and system
• Ability to perform root/cause analysis and propose solutions
• Must possess the following traits:
o Detail and deadline oriented
o Excellent analytic skills, ability to identify variances or unusual trends that will require further investigation
o Good written and oral communication skills, ability to coordinate with personnel across the organization
o Organized and possess good time management skills
o Proactive and ability to work with limited supervision
o Ability to prepare reports in an accurate and concise manner