Our client, an established apparel manufacturer that operates in the fashion specialty, resort and college licensed apparel markets is seeking an experienced Sales Planner. The Sales Planner will be involved in a role that allows for a tremendous amount of creative, analytical, and strategic skills development. The primary purpose of this role is to provide analytical support to Sales. This entails several aspects: creating and maintaining sales reports, forecasts and models; facilitating quantitative aspects of the go-to-market calendar for Sales; proactively managing product shortages and gaps; and aligning sales plans, product calendars, and overall company strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support to sales;
- Create, produce and track sales reports for sales management and sales reps & account managers;
- Monitor and analyze sales reports from key retail accounts to the sales organization.
- Ensure that each Sales Rep has a dynamic sales report where they can:
- Status all on-order;
- Check daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sales against their sales goals.
- Analyze sell thru reports highlighting top sales with our key accounts detailing units sold, weekly sell thru percentages, inventory turns, and margins.
- Analyzes factors that impact demand for products (i.e. category trends, promotions, events, competitive products, and seasonality).
- Work closely with Buyers, Planners and Replenishment Manager with order management and sale analysis.
- Compare forecasts to financial plans and budgets; explains variances.
- Assist the sales team with developing and building new customer partnerships.
- Become knowledgeable of the company’s products and services while working with sales, marketing, production and design to reach our company goals and sales targets.
- You will be the primary point of contact for our reps when sales information or any customer information is needed.
- Advise and alert executive management and sales people when an account becomes slow or inactive.
- Supports the implementation of CRM software and other relevant software.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- Previous Apparel industry experience in similar positions desired.
- Proven track record that shows you are organized, efficient and capable of working on initiatives with an eye for detail.
- Ability to pull and analyze existing reports and develop new sales tools and reports.
- Retail math knowledge and experience,
- Excel/MS office experience necessary,
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."