Our client is aniconic specialty retailer creating the latest apparel essentials andaccessories must-haves. Their contemporary, on-trend, and innovative designsare applauded by fashion editors and the most stylish trendsetters alike.
In this position, you would be responsible for overseeing the sewing anddevelopment of first samples for new designs. You would also be responsible forpartnering directly with patternmakers, technical designers, and designers toresolve construction issues.
• Manage the sewing and development of first samples for new designs andliaise with studio teams; identify patternmaking issues and work withpatternmaker to resolve problems
• Participate in fitting sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback,and modify samples accordingly
• Partner with various cross-functional teams, such as patternmakers,technical designers, and designers to identify and resolve construction issues
• Create samples with various fabrications, silhouettes, and finishesaccurately and on-time; utilize a variety of sewing machines and hand sewingmethods
• Sample making experience
• Experience working with various fabrications