Our client is an iconic specialty retailer creating the latest apparel essentials and accessories must-haves. Their contemporary, on-trend, and innovative designs are applauded by fashion editors and the most stylish trendsetters alike.
In this position, you would be responsible for overseeing the sewing and development of first samples for new designs. You would also be responsible for partnering directly with patternmakers, technical designers, and designers to resolve construction issues.
• Manage the sewing and development of first samples for new designs and liaise with studio teams; identify patternmaking issues and work with patternmaker to resolve problems
• Participate in fitting sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and modify samples accordingly
• Partner with various cross-functional teams, such as patternmakers, technical designers, and designers to identify and resolve construction issues
• Create samples with various fabrications, silhouettes, and finishes accurately and on-time; utilize a variety of sewing machines and hand sewing methods
• Sample making experience
• Experience working with knits, stretch fabrics, or intimates