Our client is a renowned luxury fashion brand creating custom, fashion-forward apparel for every occasion. With their modern, high-end, and chic designs, you can effortlessly dress in style every day.
In this position, you would be responsible for overseeing the sewing and development of first samples for new designs. You would also be responsible for partnering directly with patternmakers, technical designers, and designers to resolve construction issues.
• Manage the sewing and development of first samples for new designs and liaise with studio teams; identify patternmaking issues and work with patternmaker to resolve problems
• Participate in fitting sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and modify samples accordingly
• Partner with various cross-functional teams, such as patternmakers, technical designers, and designers to identify and resolve construction issues
• Create samples with various fabrications, silhouettes, and finishes accurately and on-time; utilize a variety of sewing machines and hand sewing methods
• Sample making experience
• Luxury clothing background
• Ability to work by hand, with bindings, and with fine fabrications