Senior Apparel Product Developer | 3-month contract
Our client is a leading specialty retailer creating the latest apparel and accessories for everything sports. Their on-trend, innovative, and comfortable designs effortlessly take you from lunch to the sports game in style.
In this role, you would oversee and execute the entire apparel development process from design conception to production.
- Initiate and manage the development process of product lines as assigned. Facilitate the transition of apparel styles from design conception through sampling stage and into production.
- Create and maintain technical packages ensuring that all information is accurate and sent to allocated vendors per timeline.
- Plan and track all stages of the development process to ensure timely completion of all duties in accordance to the product development timeline.
- Review and fit samples to guarantee that production of styles is as they were developed and are in accordance with Mitchell & Ness fit, quality and costing standards.
- Collaborate with the Design team to approve fabric/trim qualities, lab dips and all logo embellishments. Maintain organized records, files, strike off/samples for all related product.
- Work closely with the Production, Sales and Management teams to clearly communicate any quality or production issues that may arise. Must be able to proactively identify problems and develop solutions.
- Communicate closely with domestic and overseas vendors on all development issues and sample tracking.
- Monitor fabric and garment testing.
- Research new fabrications, trims and embellishment techniques according to market trends and the Design team’s specifications.
- Interact and maintain an open line of communication with Director of Apparel and Production/Sourcing with any pricing, quality, construction and timeline issues.
- Participate in Proto Review meetings. Understand the product line and be able to present the line if needed.
- Create Sales boards/tools as needed.
- Mentor other members of the Design and Development teams.
- Able to respond quickly to multiple projects and deadlines with strong time management skills.
- Domestic and/or International travel may be required.
- Any additional duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic or Fashion Design related field
- Approximately 8+ years design/development experience in the sport apparel or fashion industry required
- Experience with sewing, construction, patternmaking, color, fabric and trim development
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Must have a keen eye for color and design consistencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and very thorough
- Ability to work as part of a larger, fast-paced team
- Requires minimal direction and can work independently
- Self motivated and multi-task oriented
- Must possess demonstrated proficiency of MAC and all applicable programs including Adobe Creative Suite programs