Senior Compensation Analyst
Well-known cruise ship transportation company is currently searching for a highly motivated Senior Compensation Analyst who will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of all shipboard salary structures and wage scales. This position will report to the Lead Compensation Consultant.
- Administers and maintains all shipboard salary structures and wage scales.
- Conducts internal comparisons and provides salary adjustment recommendations for wage scales
- Ensures all shipboard wage schedules are accurately updated and maintained per approved guidance from unions and senior management.
- Conducts various department and individual wage review projects internally and with sister brands, including costing analysis, communication and implementation.
- Ensures accuracy by reviewing data sets for trends or anomalies for shipboard compensation projects, including data for participation in salary surveys, wage scale reviews or job comparisons, both internally and externally.
- Works with managers and regional business/HR partners (globally) to analyze compensation-related issues.
- Uses compensation expertise to solve complex business problems to meet business needs.
Applies sound compensation principles, best practices and appropriate guidelines when presenting recommendations to management.
- Prepares detailed and summary reports for senior management as needed.
- Leads special projects/analyses to identify trends, assess impact, analyze alternatives and recommend action plans.
- Provides project status reports to management and ensures project results meet the needs and requirements of the business.
- Assists in the design, communication and distribution of compensation programs, including base salary administration and incentive plans.
- Participates in the planning and administration of the annual compensation review process for merit, bonus and Long Term Incentives.
- Administers shipboard incentive plans and conducts analysis and design of executive compensation plans.
- Partners with sister brands to streamline processes and share best practices.
- Documents new and up existing processes and procedures.
- Identifies and develops recommendations for new methods / procedures / process and system enhancements.
- Keeps appraised of applicable industry legislation and regulations related to local and international compensation to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance Human, Resources or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in the area of Finance, Compensation, Human Resources or related area.
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to synthesize information and data from a variety of sources.
- Highly proficient in MS Office; Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop Excel models for calculations and analysis, using VLOOKUPs, Pivot tables, charts, and mail merge.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and a high receptivity to feedback.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent relationship management and critical thinking/decision management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities
- CCP Designation preferred.