Senior Data Scientist
Our client is an iconic American men’s and women’s fashion brand that is dedicated to bringing fun, classic, high-quality clothing to its customers. The company is all about the people – employees included – and takes pride in giving back and doing what’s best for its teams, its customers and their communities. The company is all about creating a work environment that is conducive to creativity & getting things done. Their cool, modern offices and warm and inviting company culture are just 2 examples of how they achieve that.
In this role you will be utilizing your algorithmic/programming toolkit, build predictive models to improve profitability, growth, retention and other such key performance indicators for our clients
• Implement formal modeling processes from end to end including data gathering, data profiling, numerical model building, calibration, cross-validation, putting product into production, etc.
• After building the models, pilot “scorecards” to track model performance and calculated improvement to business.
• Explain complex modeling approaches in layman’s terms and discuss modeling results and business case impacts with non-technical business users
• Collect data from a wide variety of corporate databases, including various SQL databases (Microsoft, Oracle, Netezza, etc.), no-SQL databases, Access databases, and Excel files
• Utilize your toolset in regular expressions to extract information from un-structured text documents
• Handle missing data through an algorithmic approach such as multiple imputations to enable insights in sparse and messy data.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business, statistics, economics, computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-5 years of directly related experience
• Strongly motivated to be a player in a team which is constantly working to improve themselves through discovering new analytics techniques and software tools to improve the quality of our work
• Strong understanding and proficiency of predictive modeling techniques
• Superior research, statistical, analytical, processing and mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct analyses
• Ability to engage in model discussions with co-workers and give feedback as required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SQL, and at least one of the following: SAS, R, and/or Python