Senior Designer/Junior Art Director Opportunity
Beauty Company located in Van Nuys is looking to bring on a Senior Designer/Junior Art Director in a temp to perm capacity. This position is 40 hours onsite.
We are seeking an experienced, highly-talented designer with a portfolio that demonstrates an above average understanding of current design trends in consumer products packaging. We are a specialty personal-care goods company that develops products and manages brands carried in national retailers.
About the Position:
Working in a very fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for working directly with the Creative Director to develop and execute high-quality branding and packaging designs. You should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under tight deadlines. You will also be responsible for managing day-to-day project timelines within the creative department, as well as offer support to our growing team of designers.
• A very strong portfolio that demonstrates 5+ years of visual design/packaging experience
• ADVANCED knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, pre-press standards for print
• Above-average knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (high-quality product renders, etc.)
• Ideal candidate will have excellent eye for typography, layout (for print), branding and color theory
• Experience in pre-press standards/techniques and defining print specifications and finishes
• Experience in a leadership role, examples of leading a team toward growth and success
• Driven by super-fine details, able to work QUICKLY and independently
Duties of this role:
• Take direction from Creative Director and product development team to execute outstanding packaging designs, under tight deadlines
• Manage the workflow of incoming requests and move projects from the conceptual stage to final press-ready art by offering support to our creative/production designers
• Implement design parameters, style guides, and visual standards
• Create high-quality product renderings