Our client is a fashion-forward,trendy and high-profile apparel brand that has been creating the most impeccabledesigns in the industry. Our client’s ability to keep up with the fast-pacedand ever changing trends has impressed time after time. Their exciting and eclectic company cultureignites their passion and strength that has kept them at the top.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the design team to develop and implementconcepts as well as design and develop the line from conception through tofollow through.
- Oversee aesthetic development of each seasonal commercial Collection
- Develop and review proposals of color and fabrics with Creative Director and VP of Design
- Thorough research and development of new ideas of each season (color, fabric, silhouette)
- Able to work on present season and anticipate ideas and concepts for the following seasons at the same time
- Hand sketch all designs
- Work closely with VP of Merchandising on all presentations, develop ideas into groups and create a story with one idea
- Responsible for scheduling and attending all fittings
- Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design
- 8-10+ years’ experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of garment construction methods
- Must have prior experience with a high-end company
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Word, Excel and Outlook Express