Our client, a boutique digital agency, is looking for an entrepreneurial- spirited, business-solution-minded, highly communicative collaborater to join their team as their Senior Designer.
What you need to know first:
• We are currently seeking candidates in the Portland Oregon area. Applicants outside of that zone will not be considered at this time.
• Candidates without extensive experience in the planning, creation and implementation of websites (brochure, ecommerce and enterprise-level projects) will not be considered at this time.
We’re a back alley agency – innovative, agile, and galvanized. Most importantly, we’re growing – and, that’s where you come in.
We’re seeking a Senior Designer to play a vital role in the design and execution of our client deliverables. You aren't easily overwhelmed. You treat every project with the same intensity and love as your very first project. You love to spin plates and get energy from splitting attention across multiple projects and tasks. You are forward-thinking and willing to do whatever it takes – this is a ”roll up your sleeves” kind of position.
Here, every day's an adventure. Our work is multi-disciplinary. On any given day you may be asked to tackle brand development, digital strategy, marketing communication, web design, print collateral, social media integration, etc. You should understand how they work together on a holistic level and know how to inhabit the character of a brand, providing authentic, engaging solutions.
As Senior Designer, you push relentlessly to make work that works for our clients. You’re a leader - collaborative, respectful and confident. You’re a champion of the best ideas, even if they’re not yours. You’re also a self-starter. You don’t need to be told what to do, but you’re experienced enough to know who to pull in and get information you need.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will lead with a balance of making and managing, cultivating an environment of creativity and collaboration. You will be responsible for leading the charge through all phases of a project, from conception to execution, while upholding the highest standards of excellence.
You have a strong design background with a solid understanding and keen grasp of current trends in branding, photography, film, typography, color and digital best practices, along with what’s going on in technology and culture. You can come up with big ideas but still sweat the details. We can’t stress this enough - you come up with ideas! Not pretty pictures and layouts. You solve business problems and those solutions may take many forms and they require an idea to bring them to life.
You wrangle team members, motivate them and lead by example. You’re a confident communicator and have mastered the art of presenting. You’re obsessive about your craft because you don’t have an off switch. Your attitude and approach to the work will often be the thing that makes good work great and turns a single project into a long-term partnership.
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Work with creative team members to lead collaborative idea generation with a deep understand our client's business objectives and their target audiences.
• Translate briefs and marketing plans into creative concepts that are clearly articulated in mood boards, interactive prototypes and comps, and develop presentations and storytelling vehicles to socialize and gain buy-in on your ideas.
• Inspire a team of creatives to create cutting-edge work that achieves results.
• Responsible for projects ranging from small to large and complex, managing team members and resource requirements.
• Get in the trenches and create work yourself with a mastery of design, typography and layout.
• Lead photo and video shoots from concept through post-production.
• Deliver commanding internal and client presentations; mentor your team to do the same.
• Concept big ideas and innovative tactics that can span a range of platforms.
• Lead and share knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff.