Senior Director of Buying
Our client is an iconic digital media and e-commerce company featuring the latest health, wellness, fashion, and travel tips for every trendsetter. With their modern, innovative, and on-trend approach, you can effortlessly live in style every day.
In this role, you would be responsible for directing all aspects of buying strategy and leading a team of buyers.
• Lead a team of buyers and direct opportunistic buying based on vendors or classifications; achieve targeted sales and margin performance
• Direct balancing assortments receipts and flexing from flow versus pack and hold; conduct comprehensive research for online and retail marketplaces; identify opportunities, trends, and labels
• Practice fiscal responsibility by negotiating pack and hold goods to offset additional costs of storing merchandise, such as additional dating and vendors holding merchandise
• Develop highly strategic buying plans by leveraging data and market trends to achieve forecasted sales targets and drive optimal sales performance
• Identify new opportunities, pursue new vendors, and source new markets; establish and maintain strong relationships with various cross-functional partners, including executive management
• Build strong relationships with vendors and exhibit trust, integrity, and follow-up; visit showrooms, select products, and handle negotiations
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven experience with multi-brand buying in designer ready-to-wear and contemporary fashion
• Have strong relationships with brands