Senior Director of Outlet Buying
Our client is a world-renowned, award-winning designer of luxury accessories and ready-to-wear. This namesake company has stores that are operating in some of the most prestigious cities in the world including New York, Beverly Hills, London, Milan and Paris. With an innate sense of glamour and an unfailing eye for timeless chic, our client has created a luxury lifestyle with a global reach. They are dedicated to a vision of style that is as sophisticated as it is indulgent and as iconic as it is modern.
In this role you will be responsible for the growth and development of one direct report, an assistant planner. The Planning team is accountable for maintaining and driving optimal inventory levels by category & account in order to maximize profitability.
• Prepare & present seasonal plans / management summaries for retailer senior management meetings
• Manage and develop a direct report
• Establish credible relationship with accounts
• Own & maintain by account seasonal OTB and recommend necessary adjustments based on sales/ receipt & markdown flow
• Reconcile Account buy plans to market purchases and flow into fiscal OTB, with recommendations of change / opportunity within flow
• Identify notable learning with action in-season through weekly analysis of financial reporting both top-line & by door for owned accounts
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong Excel background
• 5+ years of experience working within (or closely with) a planning role. Retail or Wholesale planning, buying/sales environment preferred
• Full understanding of product life cycle
• Familiar with industry best practices / standards
• Influential negotiate, driven by metrics