Senior eCommerce Manager
Large, progressively thinking retailer in Portland looking for a Senior eCommerce Manager! This is a full-time, direct-hire position.
Position Description: Leads company E Commerce programs company wide. Includes working cross-functionally across the organization to create and deliver on the E Commerce business plan. Designs and implements innovative and customer-centric programs and systems; builds upon new and existing capabilities to capture new E Commerce opportunities across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Understands, models and instills company culture. Communicates a clear vision. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community.
· Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
· Embraces and guides others through change and continuous improvement.
· Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
· Communication style is confident, informative, adaptive and effective, utilizing varied methods and active listening skills.
· Understands group dynamics in order to foster a positive and collaborative work environment. Develops strong and engaged teams and internal partnerships.
· Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
· Utilizes strategic thinking, data and industry knowledge, and calculated risk-taking to create competitive advantage.
· Plans for the future by setting clear and attainable goals.
· Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
· Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds positively to feedback.
· Promotes opportunities for the professional growth of others.
· Communicates in a professional and constructive manner. Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
· Observes all store rules and policies as listed in Staff Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official document or manual.
· Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
Position Specific Functions
· Lead E Commerce team, mentoring direct reports in professional development, operational excellence and building great partnerships (internal and external).
· Maintain best in class customer experience through E Commerce to deliver on brand values.
· Drive development of new features, programs and services for E Commerce with marketplace partners, external agencies and internal partners.
· Drive ongoing professionalization to E Commerce processes, reporting and operating procedures.
· Partners cross-departmentally and across company brands to support the strategic planning, testing, and execution of initiatives for E Commerce.
· Identify and build new business opportunities for E Commerce channels.
· Monitor and analyze the overall health of the E Commerce business as well as performance of program KPI's and report to senior management on these.
· Collaborates with marketing strategy & marketing colleagues in the development of a cohesive integrated marketing plan supporting annual E Commerce goals and priorities and encompassing E Commerce marketing and promotional
· Maintains core understanding of traffic driving programs and KPIs by channel including SEM, SEO, social, display and email marketing and partners with media manager and digital marketing team to optimize these programs to deliver
on sales goals.
· Manage day-to-day relationship with marketplace partners and external agency partners to deliver on-time and on- budget solutions.
· Develops and presents regular competitive analysis and audits of E Commerce best practices and convert analysis into groundbreaking insights and new ideas.
· Applies high-level understanding of inventory, merchandising, and marketing planning to E Commerce platform.
· Takes an entrepreneurial approach to managing the program, with an eye for new business opportunities and a willingness to work in a lean environment to grow this channel.
· Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety
· Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
· Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
· Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
· Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
Tools and Equipment Used
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in E Commerce specifically or combination of Digital Marketing and E Commerce experience required
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related fields or equivalent experience required.
· Experience with Direct and Digital Marketing. Knowledge of E Commerce business models, how to drive E Commerce sales through effective and cost-efficient marketing & merchandising programs and strategies.
· Knowledge of the digital ecosystem, online marketing tactics & how E Commerce, web, mobile, social, search and channels work together to optimize behavior, retention and acquisition.
· Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies.
· Understanding of E Commerce marketplace partners, E Commerce platforms and third-party digital marketing applications.
· Proven success in the ability to lead, build, develop, and scale new revenue growth opportunities.
· Experience in grocery, CPG, and/or Consumer Brands a plus.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, with skills to learn new computer programs and systems.
· An excellent communicator and collaborator who can inspire, motivate, and coach employees at all levels.
· Proven experience driving and executing strategic initiatives and projects that achieve measurable business results.
· Demonstrated project management skills with an ability to manage and deliver multiple and complex projects and gain alignment across functional areas.
· Demonstrated aptitude to work at both a strategic/conceptual level as well as a tactical/implementation level.
· High level of comfort with ambiguity, with skills to apply judgment and logic in decision making.
· An outside-the-box thinker who takes smart risks and seeks continuous improvement and innovation.
· Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
· Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
· Demonstrated ability to influence others without the benefit of authority.
· Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment around sensitive information.
· Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
· Ability to travel as needed to store locations, trade shows and other off-site locations throughout the United States.
· Light work level
· Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp.
· Occasionally required to stand, bend, twist and turn, lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-50 pounds.
· Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
· Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
· Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
· Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.