Development Tech Jobs
Senior Engineering Manager
JOB TITLE: Senior Engineering Manager
Our client in the athletic apparel industry is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager. As a global organization, their teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected.
Our client is looking to add a new Senior Manager to their Platform Engineering organization, which powers an ecosystem of millions of athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In this role, you will help guide a team of software engineers in 20 developing services, tools, and libraries that enable our developers and partners to fulfill our company. You will work alongside other engineers, internal and external partners, and 3rd party suppliers to build reliable and cost effective processes to successfully support and deliver our product and engineering roadmaps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Senior Engineering Manager will use their leadership skills to influence individuals, processes, and operations, as well as, drive discussion, participation, and consensus among cross functional teams, including application, product, marketing, finance and legal. Success depends on enabling collaborative work among? teams with different priorities.
• Mentor Engineers across Platform Engineering, leveling up the team.
•Work across teams and up and down the stack to understand how to improve our services, and the developer experience associated with them, and get that work on our roadmaps.
• Oversee the develop of technical specifications and requirements for each area, define key performance indicators and metrics.
• Own regular status reporting and communications.
• The work of Platform Engineering is often not front and center with our users, but if it fails, it becomes obvious very quickly. We’re focused on reducing our MTTD and MTTR and making our services increasingly resilient to failures in other parts of the infrastructure. We don't have the scale of a huge Internet company, but we have a lot of users and nontrivial request volumes%2? 0that make it hard to debug issues quickly. We’re passionate and are looking for more ways to participate in that community.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, ? SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• 5+ years of experience
• Strong project management skills to%?20execute on roadmaps, driving a project from inception to completion.
• Technical development experience.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams without direct authority to obtain results.
• Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
• Strong organizational and? interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities.
• Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills.
• Experience managing teams and building technical roadmaps.
• Competitive 401(k) plan matching.
• Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates