Senior Manager, Strategy
As a Sr. Manager (Temporary Contractor), you will be reporting into the Sr. Director of Corporate Strategy, and in charge of driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth and long-range plans.
You will be asked to mentor and lead team members through Corporate and Brand strategic efforts, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team. Your goal is to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
• Drive Corporate Strategy initiative identification, planning, and success.
o Identifying key issues, structure problems, develop and deliver on workplans that drive value creation across all brands
o Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including mine and analyze data, set-up financial models, and perform market and competitive research
o Synthesizing findings, develop a storyline and the supporting and material to communicate recommendations to senior management and leadership team
• Serve as a strategic partner as Brands develop annual Long Range Plans
• Support cross-functional business partners at all levels with analytic insights and problem solving
• Mentor more junior team members to support work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, and analytical framework development
• 6-8 years of professional work experience, ideally 2-3 years with a top-tier management consulting firm or Private Equity – exposure to retail / fashion industry a plus
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to oversee and provide direction to more junior team members
• Ability to drive change management and project manage critical initiatives
• Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker – able to work in the details and click-up a level to grasp the “big picture”
• Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with senior executives
• Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively - a true team player
• Self-starting and independent project manager - able to define workplans, drive work, and report on status and results across multiple projects
• Strong interest in and knowledge of retail and/or apparel industry
• Previous experience with one or more apparel companies
• Strong business acumen related to consumer-facing businesses and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
• MBA from top-tier educational institution
• People leadership skills – experience in managing/mentoring more junior colleagues
(Contract role, 6 months)