Senior Media Planner
We are looking for a creative, innovative Senior Planner to work on a high-energy national AOR account. We want someone who thrives on collaboration with strategy and creative teams to elevate go-to-market strategies, and is ahead of the curve when it comes to emerging media and technologies. If this sounds like your style, let's chat.
This position is responsible for bringing clients strategic and tactical channel recommendations that are effective and impactful, while making smart use of the client’s budget. Planning covers all paid media opportunities, including, but not limited to television (including direct response), online media (programmatic and publisher direct), paid search, paid social, radio, newspaper, direct marketing (mail/email), out-of- home, and non-traditional tactics. In addition, this individual is responsible for keeping up with new opportunities and participating in the development of written POVs as new opportunities become available throughout the year.
- Develops strategic and tactical media recommendations for clients, as well as the development of the media flowchart.
- Has thorough knowledge of key media planning tools, such as Kantar, Simmons, SRDS, Nielsen IMS, MediaTools, and others.
- Works closely with other Media sub-disciplines to evaluate all audience, geographic, and media vendor information necessary to develop the media plan recommendation that best delivers upon the client’s goals and objectives.
- Able to identify the need for and prepare non-media projects and recommendations, including but not limited to competitive audits, target audience profiles, geographic analyses, etc.
- Maintains a positive rapport with media vendor partners, keeping up to date with the latest trends in the marketplace.
- Works closely with the Media Buying team to ensure flawless implementation of all approved media recommendations. Integral lead in key client communication.
- Present at all key client presentations and meetings.
- Assists the Brand Leadership team in developing media budget recommendations based on client goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the client’s business, maintaining familiarity with the history, present organization and procedures of the client, as well as conditions of the industry.
- Provides an energy level that brings new and exciting ideas, motivating other team members.
- Writes point-of- views (POVs) on Media topics, key client issues, and/or client opportunities.
- Keeps a pulse on all active campaigns, identifying opportunities to optimize for maximum performance.
- Reviews all reporting dashboards to identify key performance insights and is integral in presentations to clients on an ongoing basis.
- Approves all media authorizations to ensure campaign accuracy and flawless execution.
- Stays current on all media trends and opportunities in the industry.
- Updates Media Planning Supervisor on status of current accounts on an ongoing basis, elevating key issues or concerns as they arise
- Other duties/responsibilities may be assigned from time
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- 3+ years of channel planning experience required
- Strong knowledge of traditional media channels with an understanding of digital and - - - SEM is preferred, but not a requirement
- Broadcast experience is preferred
- Ability to think critically and apply a strategic approach to all plans or projects
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Engagement, Strategy and Finance
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team environment as well as with outside media sales reps
- Displays a passion for media and advertising
- Strong organizational and mathematical skills (including basic media math)
- Ability to multi-task and deliver work on-time for set deadlines
- Must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable makingvdecisions
- Experience with Simmons, Telmar, Kantar, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, DoubleClick and other media software tools
Salary is dependent on experience
This is a relocation role to Kansas City