Our client is a well-known, young women’s fashion retailer focusing on chic, structured styles that are the perfect staple pieces for any wardrobe. Their fun and vibrant styles, fit and flair appeals to the everyday modern woman. From the office to a night out on the town, they have everything for an adventurous lifestyle. Their warm, fun and creative company culture only adds to their success as a leading retailer.
In this role, you will drive the product development and planning process in accordance with line plan and production calendar for specific product lines to achieve financial goals.
- Work directly with design staff to create fashion forward contemporary casualwear/sport line
- Responsible for financial goals, gross margin and turn
- Communicate with Merchant and Planning teams
- Must thrive on change
- Plan and revise strategies for merchandise flow based on shipping dates, seasonal/fiscal calendars and open to buy awareness and strategy
- Support the conceptual development of future lines by generating style recaps, account/regional summaries, trend analyses and competitive market research reports
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- 7-10 years of experience in the field
- High fashion sense
- Product development background preferred
- Requires sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time, i.e. regularly working more than 40 hours per week
- Ability to spot trends