Senior Network/Systems Engineer
Our client is actively seeking a Applications Engineer to join their team. The Applications Engineer will be the technical lead for all Networking products including physical and virtual proxy servers. Key responsibilities would be to handle all technical aspects of customer support during the sales cycle.
- Understands the hardware aspects and architecture of the products thoroughly Troubleshooting hardware problems.
- Be able to replicate customer issues in the lab using test equipment
- Answers customer questions in a timely manner
- Be able to do customer demos, setup evaluation boards in customer labs
- Present road maps and technology related presentations to the customer
- Provide feedback to marketing for making future products better and align them with customer needs
- Provide feedback to engineering team for improving documentation and championing customer needs
- Work with Sales Account Manager to increase demand for products
- Track customer program’s progress with account manager
- Debugging of wired and wireless networks
- Routing Packet analysis and capture: Wireshark, libcap, tcpdump
- Strong understanding of networking protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Strong experience with Linux VMWare virtualization products is a plus
- Networking test equipment experience: TCL, Python, C/C++ Experience: 10+ years’ experience with networking products in a customer facing position BS in EE, CS, or computer science required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Team player, independent, self-starter, adaptable to rapidly to changing market requirements, with prioritization skills.
- Be able to build strong relationships with customers.