Senior Packaging Development Manager
Our client is a renowned company revolutionizing the renewable product industry. Their cutting-edge, groundbreaking, and innovative approach distinguishes them at the forefront of the industry.
As the Senior Packaging Development Manager, you would be responsible for overseeing and developing primary and secondary packaging for specific product launches. You would also be responsible for sourcing and managing the design concept, development, through production validation.
• Key contact on packaging in development and re-development.
• Manage the development of quality packaging in a cost-effective manner from concept to production while meeting product development calendar and deadlines
• Lead direct reports, foster a collaborative environment, and coordinate draw downs, mock ups, proofs and initial pricing from suppliers
• Manage and track day to day follow-up of samples, technical drawings and pricing via supplier status reports
• Manage Package Development requests, orders and budget, develop packaging timelines, and validate first production of primary and secondary packaging as required.
• Source packaging, attain samples and pricing and manage the approval process with all parties, including internal brand, outside contractors and manufacturers
• Develop specification sheets for all components for each project and manage design change process and serves as owner for all packaging design changes
• Manage structural, functional and design proofs and mock ups to Creative Team, communicate with vendor on approvals or inform them of revisions given by the Creative Team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering or related field of study.
• 5+ years of packaging development experience working on skincare, cosmetic or consumer packaged goods products
• Full working knowledge of materials, structural and functional design and tooling for primary and secondary packaging
• Knowledge of production, manufacturing, product integrity and production cycle timelines
• Knowledge of component printing and graphic arts
• Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office Suite