Senior Technical Designer, Intimates
Our client is a well-known luxury fashion brand creating chic must-have essentials. Their high-quality, contemporary, and fashion-forward designs are applauded by the most stylish trendsetters.
As the Senior Technical Designer, you would be responsible for developing the technical components for a new line by managing market research, sketch creation, trim packages, fabric selection, tech pack creation, grade creation, fit approval, and final pre-production approval.
• Lead market research, sketch creation, trim packages, fabric selection, tech pack creation, grade creation, fit approval, and final pre-production approval
• Oversee the team’s technical correspondence to both overseas and domestic suppliers and work with cross-functional teams
• Manage product lifecycle from creation to final production and implement strategies and procedures to ensure consistency of fit, construction, quality and costs
• Monitor calendar to meet key milestones and deadlines through the development and production process
• Oversee the consistency, accuracy, and completeness of the tech packs and review tech packs for each style
• Manage the preparation of samples and documentation during fit sessions and lead fit sessions and schedule follow-up for corrections
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related.
• 7- 10 years of experience in technical design with expertise in underwear
• Strong knowledge of underwear fitting, stretch garments, and specs
• Strong project management skills
• Experience in plus size
• Ability to work independently and work to meet multiple deadlines.
• Strong PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and Microsoft Excel skills