Senior Technical Designer
Our client is a well-known luxury fashion brand creating chic must-have essentials. Their high-quality, contemporary, and fashion-forward designs are applauded by the most stylish trendsetters.
In this position, you would oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues; execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency; collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• 7-10 years’ technical design experience
• Contemporary background
• Strong knowledge of apparel fitting, stretch garments, and specs
• Proficient with PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and Microsoft Excel