Development Tech Jobs
Senior UX Web Designer
About the job
Our client is an innovative, fast-growing company dedicated to the development of new-media communication solutions and interactive software applications for the life sciences industry.
We create a suite of programs that incorporate best-in-class technologies to deliver engaging and memorable content to our clients via various digital channels.
Your ultimate job will be to advocate for what users want, need, and expect from the products we create. You think on your feet, have tons of ideas (and know how to select the best one), and are eager to learn more about what’s happening in the digital space. You are detail-oriented and understand information architecture and integration design, as you will be creating the blueprint for visual designers and developers. This position will require heavy responsive web design experience.
Note: this is not a visual design position.
What you’ll do
- Design beautiful and intuitive responsive websites for healthcare clients.
- Represent the "User Experience,"; Conceive, develop, test, and present ideas that deliver the highest quality user experience.
- Translate program requirements into defined sitemaps and wireframes, user scenarios, prototypes, and other design documents.
- Own the information architecture and interaction design of the most impactful user experience
- Significantly influence app or website strategy and direction.
- Sketch and generate high-level concepts for early-stage projects.
- Document and communicate ideas to team members and clients (technical and non-technical) in a clear manner.
- May pick up another designer’s initial idea and wireframes and expand on them.
- Continually incorporate feedback and user-testing results to improve the UX experience.
- Lead and participate in creative brainstorming sessions with project teams.
- Present concept and ideas to clients in a persuasive manner.
- Work in a collaborative manner with a cross functional team comprising of designers, developers, project managers, animation and others; Work with developers to ensure the designs are implemented as intended and the integrity of the user experience is maintained in the final product.
- Attend and participate in regular internal meetings and events as assigned.
- Participate in regular communications and meetings with clients to ensure clear understanding of customer needs and requirements, and to communicate design ideas and rationale.
- Stay abreast of modern technologies and design techniques.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Responsive web design experience
- Agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, or related field.
- 4-6+ years of experience in interaction design for desktop, mobile and web programs.
- High degree of creativity, attention to detail, interaction design and problem solving ability
- A solid portfolio of work / samples of interaction design that effectively demonstrates your workflow process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with IxD/developer tools (Specially Sketch, Invision)
- Prototyping experience preferred
- Ability to interact with various departments( Content, Design, 3D, Motion Graphics, Development & QA). Enjoys the collaborative team process.
- Experience or knowledge of the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotech or general healthcare industries. Some scientifically oriented design experience is a big plus.
- Previous success working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent client-facing presentation & communication skills.
- Only applications with sitemap and wireframe samples will be considered for the position.