Senior Visual Designer
Our client in the activewear industry seeks a Senior Visual Designer for a 12 month contract that could extend or convert to a fulltime role.
Senior Visual Designer for Digital Innovation
As our Senior Visual Designer, Digital Innovation, you'll generate new ways of thinking about how modern technologies and services can be combined to craft beautiful and intuitive experiences that solve problems for product teams. You’ll collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to research and lead the design of best-in-class experiences. You’ll produce both digital and physical design outputs, including visual design concepts, sketches, comps, motion studies, and 2D/3D graphics—anything you need to help you articulate your ideas. You’ll use your leadership skills and design talents to lead projects, as well as work independently to create original designs. You’ll have a proven track record of working with technology partners, vendors and creative partners to deliver innovative solutions.
You’ll partner with Product Innovation, Advanced Design and Manufacturing teams to identify and design new tools and experiences that enable and accelerate innovative product creation. You’ll concept, pitch and execute solutions that deliver results, while meeting complex challenges with creativity and humor.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a combination of strategic, conceptual and design skills.
• Drive the strategy and vision for various projects, as well as execute and own deliverables including visual design concepts, sketches, comps, motion studies, and 2D/3D graphics.
• Utilize advanced design skills to create innovative design solutions.
• Drive and execute communication and storytelling strategies for internal and external audiences.
• Devise and implement strategies to translate business opportunities into new digital product design.
• Partner with product owners to define scope and requirements for digital tools and products.
• Collaborate with design, business, and technical teams to ensure feasibility of designs against the budget and overall product/platform needs.
• Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality, including the management of visual QA and hand-offs to development teams.
• Lead meetings and design reviews with key stakeholders; ensure that they meet the stated objectives and stay on agenda.
• Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, and make decisions, while involving people at the optimal levels for project success.
• Be passionate about delivering a premium solution but find ways of producing it that do not jeopardize schedule and budget.
• Balance the management and direction of an agency team when needed with independent, hands-on execution of deliverables.
• Actively gain knowledge of industry standards and digital design trends and conventions.
• Facilitate meetings, communicate ideas effectively and make persuasive presentations.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Design or Art
• Several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
• At least 4+ years experience in visual design
• Digital product design experience preferred
• A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
• Demonstrated understanding of systems design, typography, color theory, visual layout and presentation
• An expert understanding of what types of experiences are made possible by current digital technologies
• Ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as communicate and influence across organizations
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
• Can work with grace under pressure
• Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prefer deep expertise in one of the following areas: product strategy, illustration, digital prototyping, product knowledge, design thinking, user research, motion graphics design, or space design.