Job Summary – The Shoe Developer is responsible for managing the design process from concept to completion, developing product that is trend relevant and aligns to the aesthetic of the consumer. In addition, staying up to date on the latest trends, aspirational and competitive landscape for their categories, maintaining strong relationships with vendor community.
- Research and stay up to speed on macro/emerging trends, key runway designers and influencers, aspirational benchmarks, and competitive landscape for their categories and determine relevancy through the consumer lens.
- 365 Development to ensure ongoing pipeline of new ideas to maximize sales trends, evolve key programs, and meet the needs of the business model.
- Operate with a complete understanding of the development process (which may include design, engineering, pre-costing, overseas development)
- Knowledge of shoe construction, materials and fit.
- Responsible for growth and development of branded product by proactively managing the development process including private label and exclusive styles
- Partner with Vendor and Buyer to ensure fabric, design details, and garments are within cost parameters while providing value to the consumer.
- Increase of product range and offering
- Coordinate and monitor prototype samples for fit, quality, execution and construction.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors
- Work with Buying on weekly markdowns of slow selling product with a goal to understand outdated trends, colors and seasonality of product
- Partner with Planner and Buyer to achieve KPI Targets and budgets.
- Travel as needed
- Fashion Design Degree (preferred, but not required)
- Shoe Design or Product Development Experience
- Experience Designing and Developing for Women’s Apparel and Accessories
- Experience in developing and identifying seasonal trend and creating story and mood boards
- Strong understanding of shoe silhouettes, construction, materials and fit
- Ability to create functional, appealing and on point product designs
- Proven Track Record of Delivering KPI Targets
- Experience in leading a team
- Thorough knowledge of trends and fashion
- Ability to filter global trends through the lens of the targeted consumer.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization
- Sense of urgency, highly detailed, organized, and experience in meeting deadlines
Send your resume today!