Shopify Web Developer
SHOPIFY WEB DEVELOPER
Specialty Beauty Brand is looking for a Shopify Web Developer
• Implement site changes by utilizing existing systems or implementing new code. Must be able to code within Shopify and its app/plug in parameters.
• Must be comfortable with Liquid and/or Ruby template language
• Able to own extensive QA and testing for all new promotions, site enhancements and bugs as they come up to identify areas of concerns and leverage experience and data to provide solutions to resolve them.
• Able to code and deploy applications in a cross-platform, cross-browser environment. Focus on mobile site experience and responsive design.
• Understanding of SEO and how to properly structure a website to be optimized according to industry standards.
• Work closely with leadership to understand the product vision and define strategies, design requirements and mobile first direction for the business.
• Work closely with marketing team during key peak seasons to create in-the-moment marketing, UX and promotional campaigns and site enhancements to increase conversion and revenue.
• Work with designers and marketing team to help plan promotional calendaring and assist with presenting the strongest UX for those offers, focus on site experience and conversion.
• Able to operate from both a strategic and tactical level and not afraid to get “hands dirty”
• Maintain effective company-wide internal communication to ensure that all relevant company functions are informed of web development activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to manage code development within Shopify platform
• Must understand cross browser compatibility, and general web functions and standards
• Solid understanding of ecommerce UX and luxury beauty customer expectations within that realm
• Superior analytical skills
• Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
• Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
• Ability to work well in high pressure situations to meet deadlines
• High degree of proficiency with Web Technologies, Google Analytics, and other digital analytics platforms
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Ability to multitask and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
• High energy, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results
• A minimum of a BA/BS Degree is required
• An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Computer Science or a related business field is preferred • Ideally, 5 combined years of Web Development, Product Management, or Ecommerce in the beauty and/or fashion industries
• Entrepreneurial spirit, insatiable curiosity, agility and an established track record of hard-work and dedication to results
• Deep working knowledge of Google Analytics are required.
• Terms like UX, UI, Conversion, should be a regular part of your vocabulary.