Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing social media strategy and overseeing the company’s social media channels, in order to increase online engagement and brand awareness. This manager will also work closely with the Creative Director, PR, and Content Managers to develop social strategies to support omni-channel messaging.
- Create social media strategies
- Oversee the creation of inventive and engaging brand-appropriate social content and calendars
- Initiate and concept innovative social content campaigns to drive brand awareness, PR coverage and social engagement
- Determine appropriate 3rd party vendors, and negotiate vendor terms
- Manage and oversee all social platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google +, YouTube, Wanelo, and Polyvore
- Direct copy strategy to convey a cohesive voice across all channels
- Determine appropriate blogger partners, and lead blogger outreach strategy
- Manage and direct outside agency on social assistance and coordination
- Lead social media events, and assist with overall events, PR campaigns
- Create new opportunities for engagement with like-minded properties and companies in social networking spaces
- Manage and develop social media content calendars
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Communications, English, Journalism and Fashion majors preferred.
- 3+ years combined social media, PR, writing experience
- Superlative verbal skills with an emphasis in creativity
- Familiarity with fashion and web jargon
- Retail experience, preferably in the apparel industry. Online retail experiences a plus.
- Tremendous attention to detail, a copy editors eye is a must.
- Knack for research, a sharp with and willingness to work during nonstandard business hours.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to cope with pressure, multiple deadlines and working under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with fellow co-workers.
Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.