Social Media Strategist
On-site in downtown SF
Duration: 9+ months
A leading software/tech company in San Francisco, CA is hiring for a Social Media Strategist who is a dynamic and passionate member of their team to drive social media strategy and to provide support for industry events.
The Social Media Strategist will engage with followers through Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Slideshare and LinkedIn—always curious for what’s next. You'll also bring fresh and creative ideas that influence how we connect with engineers in the industry and execute those ideas through both small and large scale industry events.
• Further define and implement a social media strategy to reach the engineering community.
• Create both long-term and short-term calendar of social content that reaches a diverse audience.
• Research how other technology companies are connecting with the engineering community.
• Conceptualize and execute on tactics to increase audience engagement.
• Use visual media to bring digital marketing strategy to life.
• Leverage a variety of available features offered on each social app that provides a compelling experience for followers (i.e. Instastories, Boomerang, Periscope, Snaps, etc.).
• Maintain a 70:30 balance of content that highlights technology vs. engineering culture.
• Create strong voice and tone that resonates with engineering community.
• Consult with team on how to use social media to increase effectiveness of campaigns.
• Work with the rest of the team to ensure we have relevant content that supports upcoming conferences, and to market content through various social channels.
• Support events team with necessary logistics surrounding onsite event presence at third-party events and conferences.
• Review analytics and data to determine how strategy may evolve over time to ensure success.
• You are passionate about social media and its ability to reach and engage broad audiences.
• You are a natural idea generator and easily think of new ways to use existing mediums.
• You are bold and eager to try new approaches that invite our audience to be a part of our brand.
• You enjoy variety and use creative, visual approaches that connect with audiences. • You understand engineers and the technology industry.
• You are exceptionally detail oriented and deadline driven.
• You are resourceful in order to work through challenges.
• You are a team player and no task is too big or too small in order to get the job done.
• You are not intimidated by tight deadlines and can pivot directions quickly.