Sourcing Manager-Beauty-Los Angeles, CA
BEAUTY PRODUCTION SOURCING MANAGER NEEDED FOR INNOVATIVE LA BASED COMPANY
- Source new components for multiple projects with short lead times.
- Manage existing supplier/manufacture relationships, and help identify new suppliers in support of the company’s continued growth.
- Help support and administer long-term agreements and purchase items at the lowest price consistent with desired quality.
- Help support negotiation of contracts with suppliers.
- Identify cost saving opportunities through alternative product sourcing and services; continually challenge supplier base for innovation and cost optimization.
- Provide complete and accurate status reports on request.
- Work with the sourcing team on company growth of which will be warranted by business needs, to gain productive results regarding cost savings, timeline management and sourcing related efforts.
- Manage and Identify optimal cost saving options for freight services internationally and domestically.
- Meet regularly with vendors to track and monitor progress of component shipments
- Initiate and close corrective actions to suppliers.
- Monitor supplier/manufacture programs to ensure compliance from a quality assurance, timeline, and financial perspective
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years sourcing and procurement experience in Packaged Goods; preferably, Beauty, Personal Care
- Strong proficiency creating and using MS Excel tools, supporting usage and financial analysis.
- Strong communicator who understands the importance of leadership through consensus, and who values and is good at partnering and relationship building.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, MS Office applications, and/or eProcurement tools.
- Effective negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate with all levels of management and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”