POSITION SUMMARY Support accounting and finance teams in our Global Offices
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the team in monthly and quarterly close processes in SAP, including intercompany transactions and the preparing and reviewing of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Oversee monthly consolidations
- Consolidate and report on global results on a monthly basis
- Investigate non-eliminating I/C balances and activity
- Support Global Training Initiatives
- Act as liaison between Corporate Accounting and various countries’ local accounting team in completing the close process.
- Support the Sr Manager, Global Accounting with non-recurring accounting matters
- Aggregate Regional IT requests and support key systematic enhancements
- Own master data set-up and maintenance
- Help establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles, and ongoing assessment of standard and scalable Accounting & Finance processes/tools.
- Open and Close Accounting Periods on a Monthly basis
- Maintain Monthly Close Calendar
- Support Bi-Annual Controllership meetings
- Develop relationships and work closely with business partners in the countries in order to provide accounting and business support, including research and recommendations on accounting issues, as well as implementation of accounting changes.
- Research and document key accounting transactions through technical accounting memorandums.
- Participate in Sarbanes-Oxley self-assessment testing.
- Provide support to Global internal and external audit activities including providing deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data.
- Maintain the operating rhythm of the monthly, quarterly and annual Accounting close, including Blackline approvals.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
- Team player with demonstrated ability to lead and influence others outside of their direct-reporting lines
- Ability to communicate effectively, articulate ideas and actionable recommendations to all levels.
- Comfortable with language barriers or constraints; bilingual language skills are a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial statements
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with cross functional partners
- Attention to detail resulting in consistent, reliable, and accurate work product
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and proactive
- Solid analytical skills, with ability to prioritize
- Proficient in PC applications (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Office)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Public experience required, industry/in-house experience is a bonus
- CPA or CPA in progress