Sr. Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist
Leading Orange County based Media Company is currently looking for a Client Services Manager to join their team!
The Client Services Manager (full-time, hourly, contract to hire) is responsible for assisting sales representatives and operations with the pre-sale through collections relationship with all clients. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Make initial contact with an advertiser after proposal is sent to include supplying advertiser with “welcome packet” to comprising of a credit application, credit card payment instructions, account setup, customer portal instructions (material and accounts receivable), establishing and confirming payment terms, and confirming contract and insertion order verbiage are to requirements.
• Ensure all data is entered into the billing system including contacts (billing and material), terms, credit status, and handling instructions.
• Establish/approve credit terms by analyzing D&B credit report, credit applications, references, industry research with sales representative’s/ general manager’s input.
• Assist sales and data-entry team with all orders to ensure the correct ad types, properties, and sales reps are booked in the system as well as the correct paperwork has been received.
• Order entry for all barter and make-good orders to ensure the appropriate approvals and paperwork are present.
• Act as the company’s “face” with our customers by liaising between the billing group and the cash applications group to resolve any issues related to the customer.
• Thorough understanding of assigned customer base as it relates to annual spend, type of account (advertiser/agency). Comfortable with making collection calls to a diverse range of customers.
• Strategize on an optimal approach for collecting past due amounts in consultation with management.
• Maintain all contact notes to ensure sales reps and management has up-to-date information on the status of the account and all contact made to date.
• Prepare reports and reconciliations as it relates to accounts assigned.
• Proactively work with the cash applications team to ensure cash on account is resolved on a daily basis. Ensure all customer facing data is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
• Maintain relationships and daily contact with sale reps to ensure our customer service is up to standards.
• Make recommendations for account management to include cash-on-account application, write-offs, submission to collection agency, and elevation to senior management for resolution.
• Assist finance team to establish commission eligible orders by researching discrepancies with billing and paperwork.
• Assist billing staff with cash-in-advance customers.
• Process credit card payments on the spot to maintain high level of customer service.
• Work with advertisers to utilize customer portals to streamline processes.
• Advise on system setup to ensure all orders are booked to the GL correctly.
• Assist with system upgrade string testing. Make upgrade and workflow recommendations to system administrator.
• Manage all rate variances for assigned customer base to include researching with advertisers and sales reps, garnering the required approvals from management, and working with billing and cash apps to apply credits to accounts accurately.
• Establish thorough understanding of the workflow from CRM through cash application.
• On a monthly basis, review accounts and aging for credit worthiness. Make proactive recommendations to ensure customers maintain timely payments and appropriate future bookings.
• 4-year college degree in Accounting or Business.
• At least 5 years of prior collection experience.
• Prior experience in working in the automotive/media industry.
• Prior experience in an account management role.
• Prior customer service experience in an operational role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Well versed in collection methodologies including making cold collection calls and establishing/maintaining positive working relationships with customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of individuals including senior management, sales reps and above all, a diverse customer base
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Strong excel skills required
• Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
• Ability to take accountability for work produced
• Knowledge of credit reporting agencies and related issues
• Able to multi-task and prioritize with efficiency
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Must be customer service driven; possess strong customer service skills