Sr. Apparel Designer (Women's)
Senior Apparel Designer (Women’s)
Our popular outdoor fashion client is hiring a Senior Designer for their Women's team!
Develop seasonal Women's Woven product (Shirts, Bottoms, Denim and Knit Bottoms) concepts based on thorough trend and competitive research and overall creative direction. Manage seasonal product design execution to achieve overall creative and business objectives. This includes fabric and trim selection, styling, color, textile design, and fit.
• Research, interpret and apply market trends appropriate to the brand
• Manage creative and technical development of product within the merchandise assortment strategies
• Build consistency throughout category to ensure a clear message is delivered while continuing to grow brand as an authentic, outdoor b• Work closely with Design Directors and SVP of Design on seasonal direction
• Develop technical sketches for new products
• Develop accurate and technically viable Proto Spec Packages in WebPDM
• Review all prototype samples for construction, silhouette, fit, and trim details
• Collaborate with Design and Merchandising team to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity
• Select seasonal fabrics and washes
• Attend Product Fittings and address fit issues to maintain the design integrity and ensure the fit is brand appropriate
• Develop and coach a team of Designers to ensure the standards of quality, creativity and authenticity are upheld
• Manage and execute product presentations
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
• Maintain fiscal responsibility
• Execute within seasonal calendar schedule
• Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
• Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
• Serve as an advocate in the industry and marketplace.
• Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
• As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
• Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
• Apparel or fashion design degree or equivalent experience.
• 7-10 years of successful product design and development experience.
• Proven design expertise within, or related to, the classification/category.
• Highly developed sense of creativity for color, pattern, fabric, silhouettes, and trends.
• Proven ability to manage, coach and develop others.
• Technical proficiency in garment construction and fit execution.
• Team player with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and calendars.
• Ability to sketch in Adobe Illustrator is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of WebPDM.