Sr. Brand Manager
For over 150 years our client has delighted the San Francisco community with quality products so delicious that it is now a worldwide favorite. They have instilled a warm tradition of liveliness, enthusiasm, and care into everything they do which sets their company and brand apart from competitors.
Sr. Brand Manager Overview
- Marketing experience influencing all elements of the marketing mix (product, positioning, packaging, pricing, promotion and distribution) in high growth environment
- Strong leadership and project management skills in order to manage project timelines and cross-functional teams with excellence in execution and strong attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Strategic thinking skills and proven experience generating original ideas
- Strong analytical skills in using data to make sound recommendations affecting business decisions and results
- Strong business knowledge of their product's key customers and channels
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence/influence
- Excellent written communication skills and solid presentation skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Education and Work Experience
- MBA Degree preferred plus 5-7 years Brand Management experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Brand Manager in an FMCG/CPG company
Scope of Responsibilities
- Manage the product line to meet volume, revenue and profit targets
- Originate, develop, evaluate and recommend products and marketing programs that are based on consumer, customer and competitive insights
- Develop product line innovation strategy with a 3-year pipeline focus, exploring areas such as format, packaging, and recipe extensions and adjacencies.
- Lead cross functional team in new product development process, including establishing product parameters (concept, price, packaging), developing marketing support plans and selling tools, forecasting volume and growth expectations.
- Conduct quantitative analysis on a regular basis from variety of sources -- shipment data, consumption information, and competitive performance -- to track achievement of business results vs. plan and understand key business drivers. This includes monthly reporting as well as ad hoc analysis based on business trends.
- Prepare annual volume, revenue, spending and profit goals; track performance vs plan.
- Prepare and present annual business plan review, portfolio/product line management with financial targets, and marketing plans to executive leadership.
- Lead development and execution of marketing plans.
- Initiate and manage marketing programs to effectively build the business and enhance brand stature.
- Lead development of sales materials, point of purchase materials and consumer promotion materials.
- Act as marketing liaison with key accounts to develop proprietary products & programs.
- Conduct research as needed to inform decision making.
- Management and Leadership
- Provide business and team leadership in a fast-paced environment with stretch goals.
- Set individual and team objectives, plan project steps and resources needed, and manage flawless and timely execution.
- Train and develop subordinates for promotion, manage self-development and individual growth plan.