Sr. Copy/Content Writer (Finance/Real Estate)
- 2-5 years of tech-writing experience, preferably on digital platforms.
- Great verbal skills: Can articulate the reasoning behind their language choices, and able to get the information they need from others.
- Integrating feedback: Can review material with a positive attitude, receive and synthesize feedback.
What are we really looking for?
- Writer with a fresh, concise, conversational style
- Mid-level (3-5 years) or entry-level writer with the right style and some UX writing experience (1-3 years).
- Technical writing, technical marketing, tech journalism or straight marketing writing experience. Style, experience and soft skills are key.
- Up to 30 hours per week, on location in Carlsbad office. No relocation provided.
- We need to see 3-4 writing samples that demonstrate experience, grammatical skill and style.
- UX team trends young and hip. We’re looking for a writer who’s flexible and has an ear for GoPro tone and style, enthusiasm for our brand, and an awareness of UX design.
- Super friendly, collaborative by nature, and self-motivating.
What we are not looking for:
- A very technical writer with years of experience writing dense, long reference manuals for complicated back-end systems.
- A writer with no experience writing for consumer technology/products.
- Instructional designers, proposal or grant writers, military QA/QC writers, English majors with no functional writing experience.
- Candidates that can only work < 25 hours /wk, or need to work remotely.