Creative Services Jobs
Sr Creative Designer
The designer creates innovative branded communication, materials and experiences that support and enhance our clients marketing vision. The design team is made up of knowledgeable and savvy individuals who stay current on design best practices, always on the lookout for new and interesting trends. The design team marries its passion for graphic design (typography, brand, illustration) with strong conceptual work and strategic partnership. The designer works on a variety of projects from high-level, long-term conceptual work to quick-turn templates. As active members of the Creative Studio, they bring inspiration and brilliance to every project and deliver their best work every time. This team consists of a tightly knit group of individuals with strong communication skills and the ability to think beyond the obvious. Always willing to roll up their sleeves and get to work, the designer thinks strategically, works collaboratively, and creates inspiring, well-crafted, on-brand outcomes that over-deliver. This team works closely with colleagues in other departments – from print to digital to environmental – and is expected to deliver projects that are strategically built and beautifully implemented.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating graphic design with a focus on illustration, typography, layout and design for both digital and non-digital environments. Proficient in conceptual and strategic design thinking.
- Strong branding ability required.
- Specialized knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required, firm understanding of Sketch a plus.
- Excellent people skills and flexibility in dealing with changing schedules and multiple points of view.
- Able to manage and maintain several design projects at once and work independently as required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Able to present well to key stakeholders and take critical feedback with grace.
- Able to articulate design choices and present work.
- Able to implement and support senior staff and creative studio, and the greater strategy of the team.
- Agency background is a plus
- Able to apply strategic, conceptual and thoughtful design practice that supports marketing strategies for print, digital and environmental applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to design for mobile and web applications.
- Understanding of print production and methods.
- Able to review and guide projects as needed.
- Able to guide and grow the production staff in best-practices, trends and current software applications.
- Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Senior Designer would have a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field and 5+ years of experience in graphic design or equivalent combination of education and experience.