Sr. Designer (CAD)
Sr. Designer (CAD)
6 month contract to start
Our large coffee client is seeking a Sr. Designer. Need to have strong interior backgrounds.
- Executes Design strategy in design of company stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to internal designers and external consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes and implements design solutions.
- Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
- Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Participates in schematic reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
-Must know CAD, any software will be fine for this, interior design work needed in portfolio
What does a typical work day entail?
-Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
-Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For 15 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including fashion, luxury retail, e-commerce and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.