Sr Developer, Development Operations
Our client is a leading retailer and we are currently working with them to find a Sr Ecommerce Developer, Development Operations. The Sr Developer, DevOps will work on the company's website development team. This role requires experience in DevOps and Continuous Delivery systems and best-practices. Experience with Continuous Integration, Agile, and Test-Driven Development systems and best-practices is desirable. It will also require a collaboration mentality, excellent verbal and written communication skills. The success candidate will be able to successfully partner with internal and external partners to fully administer all DevOps systems under heavy usages from multiple teams across company.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, operations, site support, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through company's entire deployment pipeline.
· Drive, design, implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production.
· Design, develop, and maintain all features in company's Continuous Integration Platform.
· Support and maintain all operational activities related to DevOps systems.
· Recommend and implement automation wherever feasible.
· Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline.
· Drive and champion Continuous Delivery and automation wherever feasible.
· Champion Test-Driven Development, Acceptance-Test-Driven Development, and Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
· Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
Job Qualifications Include:
· BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
5+ years of experience maintaining and developing an enterprise-level JEE website in various technical capacities.3 years of experience with Continuous Delivery and Deployment Automation.
· 3 years of experience with various scripting and programming languages such as Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Jython, Ruby, JSON, Java, or Jacl.
· 3 yeas experience with Deployment Automation and Configuration Management tools like Anthill Pro, Chef, or Puppet.
· 3 years of experience with Continuous Integration and Cloud Computing desirable.
· 3 years of experience with Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar, and Nexus desirable.
· 3 years of experience with cloud computing solutions such as GoGrid, Rackspace, or Amazon EC2 desirable.
· Experience managing and integrating test automation (Selenium, Fitnesse, etc.) into various points in a deployment pipeline.
· Experience with basic HTTP/Application Servers administration and tuning particularly Websphere.