Sr. Digital Marketing Analyst
The Sr. Digital Marketing Analyst is on the front lines of Data Intelligence in Marketing. This role will primarily be responsible for monitoring a multitude of Analytic suites and listening tools to identify opportunities, threats and suggest performance optimization. He/she will work with internal teams and external stakeholders to maintain and enhance the digital marketing presence and the digital shelf for Monster Energy’s portfolio.
The role requires someone who is part data analyst, part technical analyst and part strategist. He or she must be a critical thinker who is creative in coming up with new, relevant ways to track, measure and optimize Monster’s digital marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
• Build and strengthen 3 key capabilities in Marketing Analytics: digital consumer and brand insights, acquisition/retention marketing (mix modeling, optimization, attribution), and conversion (e.g. A.B testing).
• Leverage data and analytics to measure performance of digital partnership activations and pilots and influence future strategies and partnerships.
• Conduct a range of analytics, including deep-dive projects, dashboard reporting and pilot performance analytics to translate data into actionable insights.
• Support strategy on approaches to optimize media mix and increase efficiency on media spend, work with marketing teams to activate audience solutions to increase media spend effectiveness.
• Support efforts to improve our measurement capabilities, such as enhancing methodology and establishing process on in-channel and cross-channel incrementality, and understanding of promotions effectiveness and efficiency (offer, duration, presentment) through in-market testing.
• Support strategy and work closely with cross-functional marketing and business units across the company to enhance media attribution methodology and process, and enhance methodology and establish process on in-channel and cross-channel incrementality.
• Monitor & implement various analytic suits and listening tools.
• Identify potential threats and provide input on course of action.
• Compile regular and timely reports and alert management to any important developments.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of digital marketing environment and best practices,
• Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Math, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Finance, Economics, Quantitative Marketing. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on Digital Marketing Analytics, Digital Media and/or Digital Platforms / Services with an emphasis on consumer insights, media mix. optimization/planning, measurement of incrementality and attribution (multi-touch, online/offline).
• Technical skills including writing complex data queries with solid understanding of open source data mining / data visualization a plus.
• Familiar with statistics modeling related to consumer marketing methodologies and systems such as AdTech and MarTech toolsets and platforms, such as Power BI, NetBase, Optimizely, GA, DART/DoubleClick, etc.
• A strategic thinker, practitioner, and excellent collaborator with experience building and leading analytics and managing agile workflows, including experience working with teams to successfully implement recommendations to drive business growth.
• Must be proactive and focused, detail-oriented, self-motivated, results-driven, and able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to think creatively, critically, in order to clearly present ideas and communicate with leadership.
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Digital media certifications a plus: Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• HTML/CSS experience a plus.