Sr. Dir/VP, Integrated Marketing
Our client is a Start-Up Prestige Beauty brand that has their product sold into Sephora.
The Integrated Marketing Director, reporting to the CEO, will guide the marketing strategy, retailer programs, new product development and creative to support the corporate objectives of increasing brand awareness and sales. As a leader in the New York City office, and having full P&L responsibility, their work will focus on developing a compelling innovation pipeline of new initiatives through close collaboration with a multi-functional team. They are also responsible for development of brand strategy and creating activation plans to guide the retailer execution, as well as eCommerce, social and PR activation programs.
Retailer (Sephora) / Distributor Management
• Work with distribution partners and our major retailer (Sephora) to develop and implement innovative marketing plans to drive revenue.
• Serve as project lead for Sephora from planning through execution cycle.
• Manage all aspects of the business within Sephora accounts including Sephora US, Sephora Canada, Sephora Inside JCPenny, Sephora EU, and Sephora SEA, with the ongoing priority of achieving quarterly/annual purchase and sales budgets.
• Develop retailer business strategies and drive opportunities within the retailer landscape, ensuring sales growth to meet performance goals.
• Be the point-of-contact to develop strategic relationships with retail partners and serve as key account expert for day-to-day activities for internal cross-functional teams.
• Proactively brainstorm and develop 360 degree retailer programs that drive sell-in of new launches and continuous partnership across internal and external cross-functional teams.
• Lead our Social/PR Marketing Manager with all aspects of external marketing communications, including Public Relations, Digital and Social.
• Deliver measurable results in direct, social/digital/PR, retailer promotions and new store/market openings.
• Lead creative content development strategy, either by hiring internally or in partnership with external creative agencies.
• Lead the development of both social media plans and execution, to engage and grow our audience, while increasing positive brand sentiment and awareness.
• Manage and grow all digital marketing channels: natural and paid search, paid social, display, affiliate, email, mobile, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube.
•Create a product pipeline that is truly breakthrough and innovative. Identify and prioritize new product opportunities resulting in the creation of short and long-term launch plans.
• Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and retail stores.
Develop Marketing Team & Process
• Hire, lead and build brand & integrated marketing team.
• Manage team organizational structure and staff development.
• Provide inspirational and creative leadership which results in team and company buy-in.
• Provide direction and coaching to staff and allocate the resources necessary to achieve brand and business objectives.
• Work with CEO in planning and implementing sales/marketing/product process and human resources plan.
Full P&L Responsibility
• Prepare and administer annual departmental budget to remain on target and in support of corporate objectives.
• 10+ years of experience in marketing within the beauty industry
• Proven ability to innovate, develop new products and manage projects
• Strong knowledge of the beauty industry
• Documented history of performing research and identifying trends and market gaps to help drive product innovation
• Strong leadership skills, with proven track record of growing and building a team in a startup environment
• Experienced in categories including skin-care and color/make-up beauty branding
• Proficient and knowledgeable in makeup to be able to speak on best makeup tips utilizing Farsali products – demonstrated passion for beauty
• Ability to execute, get hands dirty and lead by example mentality – doing the job first before hiring someone
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
• Excellent interpersonal, and public speaking skills
• BA/BS or higher degree, ideally in marketing, advertising, or business
• 3-5 years prior experience as a marketing director or senior marketing manager