Sr. Director of Product Development
As the Senior Director of Product Development you will report to the SVP of Marketing, while collaborating with Marketing, sales and Design Teams both domestically and internationally. The responsibilities of this role is to develop bath, kitchen,and beach textiles for retail customers.
To be considered for this role you must have 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager and you must have the ability to understand the competitive retail landscape and analyze industry data. The ideal candidate would be familiar with working with overseas factories, sourcing and technical development. Important skill sets include; self-motivation, detail oriented, and can work in a collaborative environment as well as independently.
• Direct and perform all aspects of product development, changes and promotions including development procedures, specifying components, packaging design, product positioning, pricing,
• Develop and implement strategies for expanding product lines and customer base.
• Work with customer on merchandising aspects and market intelligence providing expertise and ability to deliver to customers’ needs and specifications.
• Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
• Review and assess retail assortments from a design, trend and price point perspective.
• Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
• Represent the Sales & Marketing Departments in Group Meetings.
• Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects
• Travel is a requirement to customer meetings, New York market weeks and on an as needed basis.
• Responsible for managing 2-3 direct reports. including one who resides overseas
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
To be considered for this role please have: Bachelor's degree in business or technical design. 5 + years of experience with product development in consumer products, textiles or retail environment. Experience in overseas sourcing and development. Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure and manager tight deadlines.
Skills to have: Power Point, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite.