Sr Graphic Designer
Our client, an exciting food brand, is looking for a temporary Sr Graphic Designer. The Senior Graphic Designer role will work primarily on packaging, print, environmental and web related design projects. This person should be highly creative, detailed oriented with a strong eye for design, layout, color and typography. High understanding of Adobe CS is required. Advanced understanding of print, packaging, identity and branding is also required.
The ideal candidate will have experience in projects such as:
• Developing new packaging for emerging products.
• Development of print collateral (Consumer Brochures, Coupons, Sales Sheets, Price Lists, etc.).
• Development of graphics for tradeshow/demo and environmental experiences, for numerous events.
• Execution of weekly on-line/web graphics (Newsletters: retail and wholesale. Social: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest Posts etc.)
On all project examples listed above, the candidate will be responsible for design concepts, refinement and pre-production. Production and on-press experience a plus. Experience in creating web-ready graphics, also a plus. Strong file organizational skills a must. Agency experience welcome.
• Graphic design for new and existing projects, ensuring a cohesive look + feel, mirroring the Navitas Naturals brand
• Social media, packaging, print and branding;
• Collaborate with other Designers, Marketing and Sales to create positive end user/customer experience;
• Interface with Marketing, Sales and Graphics Team members
• Experience working with outside Vendors (Freelance Designers, Photoshop Artists, Outside Agencies, Printers, Apparel related companies, etc.)
• Minimum BFA in Graphic Design
• Minimum 8-10 years professional design experience
• Strong portfolio
• Able to work within in the company brand look/feel
• Experience working with, creating and translating brand style guides
• Excellent communicator who takes direction well and is willing to learn (and sometimes teach)
• The ability to sell, present and talk through your design thinking
• Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Adobe Acrobat)
• Experience working closely with a Production Team, with strong understanding of printing process (previous on-press experience a must)
• Solid design background with basic understanding of typography, color theory + interface design/layout
• Basic understanding of social media and the latest trends associated with the technology (research when needed) • Previous experience in the CPG space (food and beverage a plus)
• Motion graphics knowledge a plus (Final Cut Pro, Flash + After Effects)
• Product and lifestyle photography styling experience a plus
• Able to work independently and collaboratively
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, can be scrappy, creative & resourceful while also building structure and process
• Can work fast and under tight deadlines
• Fun, collaborative attitude, understanding the value of teamwork and positive communication