Sr. Inventory Planner
A leading retail firm in San Jose, CA is hiring for a full-time Senior Inventory Planner that will support the Manager, Inventory Planning and Replenishment by overseeing all inventory management and replenishment activities while focusing on the appropriate allocation of product to stores to minimize lost sales and achieve inventory turn goals.
The Senior Inventory Planner will manage 3 planners.
- Point of contact for the merchandising and planning teams
- Represent Inventory team at all merchandising team meetings and Monthly Forecast Reviews
- Drive allocation strategies and execute or review all manual allocations to stores
- Assist in the hiring, training, and development of Inventory Planners
- Review/validate Ad forecasts and Resets, then provide buy quantities to Inventory Planners
- Calculate forward buys, seasonal builds and one time buys and provide buy quantities to Inventory Planners
- Monitor, manage and report on Lost Sales
- Forecast exceptions, New SKU exceptions
- Apply Model Sets where needed Seasonal profile maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field with experience in a retail buying environment or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous experience in retail buying, planning, replenishment or allocation preferred.
- Strong understanding of retail inventory management measurements such as: sales, in-stock, weeks of supply, turns, etc. and how to positively impact these metrics
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to present information effectively
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to gather and interpret information as well as develop, recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and resolve conflicts with peers and cross-functional teams