Sr Marketing Analyst
Our client, a leading Retail brand, is looking for a Sr. Marketing Analyst to join their team. The Sr. Marketing Analyst serves as an important support role to the Marketing team, helping to further develop Marketing’s critical thinking process . In addition to campaign effectiveness, promotion performance, and test analysis, the Sr. Marketing Analyst is responsible for proactively providing insights to the Marketing team based on daily tracking and analysis of operational data in a timely and actionable manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
? Design and manage Marketing analytical projects with a focus on promotional and media effectiveness across a broad range of media, including print, direct mail, email, TV, radio, and online.
- Develop and execute campaign and promotion tracking, reporting, and analysis.
- Manage marketing testing process including test design and cell sizing; definition of success metrics, test parameters, and variables; tracking and data acquisition; final results analysis, rollout recommendation and final executive summary.
-Perform ad hoc analysis.
- Understand all related company reporting and utilize existing reporting to augment Marketing reporting.
Monitor and negotiate work activities with internal & external partners in order to coordinate timely and consistent delivery of high quality data, reporting and analyses.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Identify, implement and manage performance tracking and analysis tools.
- Serve as the Marketing system and data subject matter expert. Define and communicate customer, campaign, and promotion data and reporting requirements to IT. - Advance the business with intelligent, quantitatively-derived insights and recommendations.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 3 – 5 years retail industry experience
- Strong experience in media analytics
- Proven ability to translate analysis into insights that can further enhance marketing program effectiveness ? Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Very strong graphing/charting/information display skills
- Extensive experience extracting data and preparing it for analysis
- Expert Excel and SQL skills
- MS Access, Brio and SQL / SQL Server BI Development Studio a plus
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent team player with the ability to bring innovative ideas to the organization
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a fast-paced retail environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and critical thinking skills
-BA or BS Degree required