Sr. Merchandise Planner
Our client, a well-known high end denim brand, is looking for a Sr. Merchandise Planner to assist their team!
The Sr. Merchandise Planner develops the Outlet Open to Buy, Seasonal Buys, and Assortment Plans on a seasonal basis. The Sr. Merchandise Planner is responsible for aligning the merchandise plans by division, department and class, with the financial budget. The position is responsible for planning and forecasting sales, inventory, and receipts to coincide with the financial objectives of the company. The Sr. Merchandise Planner works closely with buying teams on creating the assortment/buy plans based on historical information and trend analysis, setting benchmarks by product category as growth, maintain, or declining sales vehicles. Position works with allocation to ensure merchandise is delivered to the stores based on the top down product strategies and to maximize regional sales opportunities. The Sr. Merchandise Planner also collaborates with the E-Commerce division to select the best assortment for the site to maximize sales.
- Creation and maintenance of the Outlet OTB.
- Work with Finance and Global Business Planning groups to tie all forecasting to company-wide goals and accountability. At a Department/class level, collaborate with merchandising to ensure that financial objectives align with product opportunities.
- Guide the merchandising team, utilizing historical data and current trends, to capitalize on new opportunities, and identify risks.
- Communicate opportunities and risks to key business partners including merchandising, finance, marketing, visual, and brand leaders.
- Create seasonal buy strategies and assortment plans by product category and communicate/partner with merchandising to appropriately project product potential and life cycle.
- Communicate product strategies with allocation for appropriate placement of product line in stores.
- Identify product consolidation and transfer opportunities based on product performance and intended life cycle.
- Responsible for running and analyzing weekly and ad hoc reporting.
- Presenting and recommending strategies and building a business case.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of planning experience in a fast-paced 50+ store retail company Knowledge of production flow and operations. Excellent communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills and multi-task oriented.
- Exceptional problem solving /decision making skills.
- Requires P&L, budgeting, inventory turn and gross margin experience.
- Well-versed in planning and allocation systems, as well as advanced in Microsoft Excel
- A keen eye for fashion/trend analysis.
- 5 years allocation/planning experience.
- Allocation experience/expertise strongly preferred
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."