Sr. Software Engineer
Financial company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support their Data Management team with development and operational activities. The role primarily involves ETL Development, Reporting, and support Data Systems used by Investment Management, Portfolio Construction, Research, and Finance teams. Operational activities include - actively monitoring ETL Jobs, processes, systems and provide support. Based on experience and educational background the position might be converted to a VP role.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, Develop and Enhance existing ETLs, processes, and reports.
- Study and enhance existing Data Systems to improve performance and minimize operational failures.
- Participate in the Design, Evaluation and selection of BI and Reporting tools, MDM providers, and Data Quality tools.
- Evaluate internal user requests, like data requests, performance issues, data exceptions, and resolve the same in a timely fashion.
- Engage with internal and external clients to understand the future data needs and how best to architect the systems.
- Participate in testing application enhancements and upgrades.
- Assist monitoring ~350 scheduled ETLs and reporting jobs, and troubleshoot them in case of failures.
- Monitor job scheduler and application servers used by the data management team.
- Data QC and monitor vendor communications for data corrections and new releases.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Information Science, Finance, Math, or related field.
- Minimum ten years IT experience with strong programming and database skills.
- Minimum five years of experience with Base SAS, SAS Macros & SAS/Stat. Advanced SAS certification preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience with Relational Databases, SQL, and Database management tools like SSMS or Toad.
- Minimum three years of experience in the Financial Industry – Research, Banking or Investment Management. Prefer five or more years.
- Experience with SAS Business Intelligence, SAS Management Console, and Enterprise Guide a plus.
- Experience with financial databases like Bloomberg Back-office , Worldscope, Datastream, CRSP, Compustat, CRB, FRED, Factset, ESG a plus.
- Experience with Perl, SSIS, ETL tools, Qlik, and Control-M or any job scheduler a plus.
- Familiarity with SDLC and release processes.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work and people.
- Must be US Citizen or have Greencard