Sr. SQL Developer
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1) Systems Integrations
- Develop integration strategies for new systems.
- Integrate large and small-scale systems with existing systems. Examples would include product and digital management platforms, email service providers, and various ecommerce SaaS vendor platforms.
- Documentation of complex concepts such as security models and technical decisions.
- Ensure compliance with and oversee development and execution of testing strategies, test plans, and test procedures to validate that the system correctly implements the specifications.
- Coordinate the transition between specification and implementation.
- Impact analysis for organization change management support.
2) SQL Server Administration and Development
- Maintain integrity, security and availability of multiple databases.
- Experience in ETL using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and data mining for Business Intelligence using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and indexing strategies.
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting solutions.
- Work with business users to establish reporting and analytic requirements.
- Develop and implement ETL processes, reports and queries in support of business analytics.
- Develop and implement interactive analytical reports and dashboards.
3) Operational Support
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve scheduled jobs.
- Accountable resource in providing analytical data expertise based on application and process knowledge to recommend solutions that meet the business need.
- Defines and assists development with designing technology based solutions to meet business requests within established technology frameworks.
- Provides estimates based on work effort and application knowledge.
- Document and analyze workflows and use cases, business rules, prototyping, data mapping, and data modeling.
- Develop test strategies and test plans based on functional specifications, use cases, and business requirements.
- Estimate work based on effort and complexity.
- Architect, design, code, test, debug and document .NET based programs, applications using ASP .net and C#.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in computer engineering, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years of enterprise applications system administration/development experience
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server databases
- 5+ years of strong experience in developing enterprise logical and physical data models
- Experience with writing and tuning complex SQL queries, views, indexes, stored procedures and functions
- Experience in researching and resolving data process issues
- Experience with developing ETL processes
- Experience working with geographically diverse team and coordinating with developers at diverse locations
- Experience with Agile SDLC methodology
- 24x7 support experience
- SQL Server, advanced stored procedures and SSIS package development
- Expert in developing database stored procedures, functions, and optimized queries for database operations.
- Must possess expert performance tuning skills and dynamic SQL skills
- Must possess expert troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in XML and web services
- Git versioning tools preferred
- JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Proficiency in Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint is required
- Unix Shell Scripting a plus
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communications skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to work both independently and with minimal guidance, as well as with a team